The world famous Ice Arena is the oldest purpose built ice theatre in the world (as recorded in the Guinness Book of Records), and is the home of the world famous Hot Ice show.
The Arena has helped develop the talents of many British & International champions, including Robin Cousins, who performed in a gala at the Arena in 1980, the year he won Olympic Gold.
Every year the Arena hosts an Ice Skating Festival where children from around the country meet to enjoy the spirit of competition, click here for more information.
Skating is a national sport of Great Britain supported by the Sports Council and is a wonderful recreational pastime for families and friends. We at the Arena promote the national learn to skate programme Skate UK.
Discover a COOL way to spend your day at the purpose built 455 sq m ice rink with theatre seating so those who don’t wish to participate in skating can watch in comfort.
The Arena opening times are subject to change. Our Box Office is open:
Monday 1:00pm – 7:30pm
Tuesday 1:00pm – 7:30pm
Wednesday 7:00am – 7:30pm
Thursday 7:00am – 7:30pm
Friday 7:00am – 7:30pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00pm
Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00pm
For public ice skating sessions, you can find the information here: https://bookings.pleasurebeacharena.co.uk/shows/date/public-skating.
No refunds will be given on Skating Sessions or Public Sessions under any circumstances. Please check with the box office before visiting for most up to date information.
The entrance to the Arena is accessed via Watson Road Tunnel. The address is Pleasure Beach Arena, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 1EZ.
All that skating can make you thirsty so what better to warm up (or chill out) with a drink and snack afterwards?
The café & bar area in the Arena has everything you need to relax after an hour or so on the ice, from freshly served Starbucks coffee to a cold beer or glass of champagne. And if you are hungry then you can also enjoy a freshly made toastie or gorgeous burger served with fresh fries and a cold drink.
The café in the Arena is also fitted with Wifi so you can catch up on e-mails or tell everyone how much fun you’ve had!
Please note: During our off-peak times, the Arena cafe may be closed however, our foyer bar is open throughout serving Starbucks coffee, toasties and much more.
Parking is available at the following Pleasure Beach car parks:
- Watson Road Arena Car Park, FY4 1EH
- East Car Park Bond Street, FY4 1BW
- North Car Park, Balmoral Road, FY4 1HR
- West Car Park, Ocean Boulevard, FY4 1PL
All parking is £10. Parking facilities for disabled guests are available at all the car parks listed. We do not have parking facilities for caravans and mobile homes.
General Skating Session Prices
Price: £13.50 per skater (On the day)
Online Price: £10.50 (When booked before midnight)
Consecutive lessons may be taken during public sessions.
Please note that during Hot Ice rehearsals some public skating sessions may be cancelled. Please check the opening times via the tab at the top or contact us on the number below.
For more information on Public Session call us on 01253 341707
Skate hire is £3.50 per person
We have a variety of ice skates sizes available, our sizes range from kids size 6 through to adult size 13.
Unfortunately, we don’t offer penguins for hire.
You are welcome to come and watch if you don’t want to partake yourself. It cost £3.50 for spectators.
Ice skates are available for hire if you don’t already have your own. Hockey skates are permitted.
The Arena is open for lessons daily.
To arrange lessons please contact
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01253 341707
These sessions are only available to experienced skaters (Minimum Skate-UK Lvl 5) to come in and practice. These sessions can be booked via the Arena Box Office or our online booking portal.
Ice Cost – From £10.50 per session
Lesson Cost – From £10.00 per 15-minute lesson.
Spectators – £3.50
Early morning ice and lessons (AM Training Ice) must be booked and paid for in advance (prior evening latest) along with the entrance fee.
To book Training Ice call us on 01253 341707 or alternatively, you can book by visiting the Ice Rink page.
BIS SKATE UK CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Skate UK is BIS’s flagship learn to skate programme for beginners of all ages and teaches fundamental movements and basic skills. The Skate UK programme emphasises fun and continuous movement and is taught in a group lesson format. Skate UK is taught by professional BIS coaches who can be assisted by trained Programme Assistants.
Awards and incentives are used to motivate skaters to achieve and develop their skills as well as to keep interest high! Skate UK is a feeder programme to all other BIS programmes. The final, Level 8 of the Skate UK programme is a transitional stage that serves as a bridge from Skate UK to the Skate UK Improver Programme. It introduces many figure skating skills that are included in the Preliminary level tests. Skaters who complete Stage 7 are well on their way to taking their first BIS test. Once skaters have reached level 8, they move on to ‘Skate UK Star’ which is made up of Bronze, Silver and Gold. More details below:
The objectives of the Skate UK programme are:
TO PROVIDE BASIC SKATING INSTRUCTION IN A GROUP FORMAT
TO INTRODUCE SKATERS TO THE PRINCIPLES OF ‘SKATING’
TO ENCOURAGE AND IDENTIFY ‘TALENTED SKATERS’ SO THAT THEY ARE FAST-TRACKED THROUGH THE BIS SYSTEM OF TRAINING.
The Skate UK programme is fulfilled by our team of qualified coaches.
- For more information or to book a course please contact the Pleasure Beach Arena 01253 341707
Skate UK 4 Week Course – If purchased as a block of 4 – £60 (30 min group lesson per week)
Skate UK 4 Week Course – If purchased weekly – £17.50 per week. (30 min group lesson)
The skate UK course also gives you access to the public skating session that follows the lesson.
**These prices include your level certificates (levels 1-8 and initial SkateUK “Record of Achievement Book”
**These prices do not include your Level Badges (Charged at £3 per badge) or “SkateUK Passport Book” following level 8 (Charged at £30)
The skills obtained throughout the 8 stages of Skate UK will offer the participant the fundamental skills required to skate successfully. Skaters can later advance and progress these skills via the BIS Skate UK Star programme and with tuition from BIS coaches. The basic skills programme is assessed via a progressive and continuous testing structure.
- Sit down and Stand Up
- March forwards across the Ice
- Forward two foot glide
- Skate and Dip (Little Man)
- Turn around on the spot
- Backward marching across the ice
- Forwards Swizzles (Lemons)
- Forward two foot glide on a curve (Left and right)
- Two foot turn on the spot (forwards to backwards, backwards to forwards)
- Snowplough or T- Stop
- Forward Stroking (showing correct use of blade)
- Moving two foot turn (forwards to backwards, backwards to forwards)
- Backwards Swizzles (Lemons)
- Backwards two foot glide
- Forward one foot glide (left and right)
- Forward Outside edges on a circle (Left and right)
- Forward Inside edges on a circle (Left and right)
- Basic forward Slalom (basic outside/inside edges)
- Backwards Stroking
- Forward continuous Chasses around a circle (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Backward outside edges on a circle (left and right)
- Backward inside edges on a circle (left and right)
- Backward continuous Chasses around a circle (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Forward Crossovers (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Forward Outside Three turns (left and right) from a standstill
- Forward inside Three turn (left and right) from standstill
- Backwards outside edges step to forward outside edge on a circle
- Backward Crossovers (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Backward two foot Slalom
- Two foot Spin (Min 2 revs)
- Forward inside Mohawk (left and right)
- Backward crossovers to landing position glide
- Continuous forward outside edges along a straight line (As per NISA level 1 fieldmoves)
- Continuous forward inside edges along a straight line ( As per NISA level 1 fieldmoves)
- Basic forward Cross rolls
- Continuous outside Three turns around a circle (three in a row) Left & right
- Continuous inside Three turns around a circle (three in a row) left & right
- Step sequence: Three turns, Mohawk, cross rolls, twizzles, toe steps etc
- Forward inside single Twizzle (left and right) Hockey skaters- Forward Drag (right and left)
- One foot Spin (Min 2 revs) Hockey skaters- two foot Spin (Min 4 revs)
We welcome all parents and all children between the ages of 2-5 to our skating session with a fully qualified skating instructor.
This is a great way to install confidence in your child, whilst learning figure skating and early stages of balance and safe skating within a controlled and secure environment.
Price : £10.00 for One Adult and One Child. This price includes skate hire and access to the public skating session afterwards.
Why not come along and give it a try!
“It is advisable to contact us in advance (at least a day in advance is preferable) to ensure that we can inform the coach of your booking and their availability”
We’d love to host your birthday party and make it extra special! Call the box office on 01253 341707 to book, alternatively click here to be redirected to our Birthday’s page and fill in our online enquiry form
We currently have 12 talented coaches here at the Arena. You can book private sessions and view availability with each coach using our online booking portal. (Private Lessons must be pre-arranged with a coach before booking)
The Arena is a card-only venue and cash will not be accepted.
Please contact the Box Office or come in and have a chat about what you would like to teach and if the Arena can cater.
Yes! You can find venue hire details here: https://www.pleasurebeacharena.co.uk/venue-hire/
You need an eTicket to visit Blackpool Pleausre Beach. You can purchase an eTicket online here: https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/
If you have any other questions, please call the Arena Box Office on 01253 341707 and our friendly team will be happy to help, alternatively, use the form below to send us an enquiry.